Our Hire only service is simple, quick, and easy. To assist you we have provided answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
1. Is there a minimum order value? No, you can order as little or as much as you need.
2. How long in advance should I order? We do get very busy, especially during peak Wedding Season and we have a limited number of each item available. We would therefore suggest booking as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
3. What is the deposit? For orders under £100, the full balance is payable upon booking. For orders over £100, to secure your booking, we will require a 20% non-refundable Reservation fee with the final balance due 4 weeks before the event.
4. Is there a Security Deposit? Yes, we require a security deposit to be provided at the time of collection of the hired items. We ask for card details which will be held securely until the satisfactory return of the items to be hired.
5. What happens if any of the items are lost or damaged? We understand that accidents happen. Please notify us as soon as possible. In these circumstances your card will be charged the full RRP to replace the item.
6. When and where do I collect the items? Collection and return of hired items is from our storage facility in Bristol. Collection is the Thursday before your event and return is the Tuesday after. Collection and return times are generally 10am. Alternative days and times may be possible by prior agreement.
7. What happens if I return the items late? You must notify us as soon as possible if you are not able to return the hired items on the agreed day. Please read our Hire Only Terms and Conditions for further information regarding late return charges.
8. Do you deliver/collect? No, this service is purely HIRE only. 9. How do I place an order? You can call us on (0117) 966 9990 or alternatively complete the online form on our Contact Page.
Hire Only Terms and Conditions
1. Unless otherwise stated, all goods supplied are on a hire basis only and are on a collection and return by the client only. Enchanted Weddings does not provide a delivery or collection service under these terms. Throughout the duration of the hire period the ownership of all items remains with Enchanted Weddings hereafter known as The Company.
2. The Client - is the person named on the booking form. The Client takes full responsibility for the goods under the following terms and conditions.
3. The Hire Period - is for five days, with goods available for collection or dispatch 3 days prior to the event. For weekend weddings the earliest collection is the Thursday prior to the event date. This can be extended at the Company’s discretion and prior agreement for which a charge may be levied. (This will be noted clearly on your booking form). All goods must be returned by the following Tuesday after a weekend event or by the 5th day of hire. Upon the 6th day this will start a new hire period of five days hire period for which the full hire value of original signed booking form will be charged. On the 10th day after the original hire period if the goods have not been returned the hire period will stop and it will be deemed that you wish to purchase the goods at full retail value. A charge will be taken from your credit / debit card – details of which will be held by the Company at the time of booking.
4. Securing a Booking / Payment: For orders under £100 the full balance is payable upon booking. For orders over £100 a 20% non-refundable Reservation fee will be required to secure a booking. Until the Reservation fee is received by the Company then no booking will be deemed to have been made. Receipt of payment of either full balance or Reservation Fee is deemed as the client’s acceptance of the Company’s Terms and Conditions as set out in this document.
The balance is payable ONE full calendar month before the event date. If a booking is cancelled more than three months in advance then no more is payable, but the Reservation Fee will not be refunded, if a booking is cancelled within three months then see the cancellation terms below, paragraph 5. These monies can be used against a future booking within 12 months if the event is only postponed.
Bookings made within one month of the event date must be paid in full at time of booking. ENCHANTED WEDDINGS WILL NOT SUPPLY OR PROVIDE ANY GOODS OR SERVICES IF THE FULL BALANCE HAS NOT BEEN PAID IN FULL – PAYMENT ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT IS NOT ACCEPTED.
5. Order Changes / Cancellation or Reduction of Hire Goods: Reductions in the quantities of hire goods within one month of the event date will not be refunded. Additions to hire goods quantities are subject to availability at the time of request only and not guaranteed. The client will pay a non-refundable deposit of as detailed in the package quotation at the time of order. In the event of the client making a full cancellation, or cancellation of any individual items within the quote, the following charges will apply:
Cancellation 3 calendar months before the wedding date 30% of the last package quotation Cancellation between 14 and 28 days before the wedding date - 50% of the last package quotation Cancellation less than 14 days before the wedding date - 100% of the last package quotation
The Company will endeavor not to make any changes to your wedding plans without your prior consent. However, if we are forced to make changes due to unforeseen circumstances / lack of availability, we will discuss this with you immediately.
6. Delivery / Collection of Hire Goods: Glass products cannot be couriered and are hired on a collection basis only
7. Courier Collections Returns: All hire goods suitable for courier delivery must be organised by the Client directly and in line with the stated collection and return times as stated in point 3, unless by prior agreement with the Company. Any courier company used by the Client must be guaranteed, insured and have a tracking number. Couriered returns from the Client must reach the Company by the 5th day of hire. In the event of delays in transit proof of dispatch will be required in order to levy any charges for late return of goods. The Client understands that hired goods are sent by courier at their own risk, therefore any loss or damages to the hired goods caused in transit are charged at the full retail value. All items received back via an independent courier will be checked whilst in the presence of the courier driver. Any breakages will be noted as such at that time on the manifest and charged accordingly. All disputes and/or claims regarding loss or damage of hire goods in transit remain between the Client and the Courier Company used by the Client.
8. Liability: The Client is solely responsible for the Hired Goods not the reception / event venue / hotel / florist or any other third party to whom the Client has entrusted the Hire Goods. The Client alone shall be responsible for ensuring the Hired Goods are kept in good order from the time of dispatch from the Company until back into the possession of the Company. Therefore, if the Client intends to leave Hired Goods anywhere other than in the Client’s possession before or after the event an agreement of a good provision of storage must be made and organized direct with the hotel or third party by the Client and does so at their own risk. If the Client intends to leave directly after the event finishes e.g. Honeymoon, the Client must organize the take down, re-packaging and return of all hired goods prior to the event, nominating a third party to act on their behalf, the contact names, addresses and telephone numbers should be made known the Company so that the goods can be located after the event. The Client will still be fully responsible for the hired goods even when dealt with by a third party.
9. Packaging: All goods are provided packaged in boxes. Therefore, all goods must be re-packaged in the original boxes provided ready for collection / return. A charge will be made for non-return or damage of original boxes and packaging usually around £20-£30 per box. This covers the cost of the Company having to get boxes specially made to be able to store and re-hire these items.
10. Candelabras: Candelabras will get badly scratched or broken if not placed back into the supplied protective packaging. If this occurs a charge of the full retail value of the item will be charged. Wire must not be used as it will scratch the Candelabras. Candelabras can be returned dirty with any wax residue that may have occurred during the event, DO NOT SCRATCH WAX OFF CANDELABRAS WITH ANY TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS – this will scratch the candelabras if you must, only use hot water to remove wax.
11. Glassware: Glassware must be handled with care; vases should not be lifted by the lip of the vase but with two hands at the base. Hired glassware is the responsibility of the Client from the time the hired items leave the premises of the Company until it is returned back to the Company; therefore, glassware in transit is still the responsibility of the Client. If the Company has delivered and provided glassware direct to a venue or household the Client is responsible for the goods after delivery and set up by the Company until the hired goods have been collected from the venue or household by the Company. The Company will not accept the any other glassware product that is not stated on the booking confirmation as a replacement of any damaged hired glassware.
12. Candles: Enchanted Weddings does not take responsibility for any damage or fire caused by candles provided for any hire bookings, candles sold or provided for an on-site set up, permission must be sought by the Client from the venue to use candles. Candles must not be left unattended and should be extinguished at the end of the evening.
13. Chair Covers: Chair covers hired on a DIY basis are supplied washed and folded into shipping bags which must be retained for return transit.
Changes in quantity for chair covers will not be accepted after one month prior to the event date – the date of order finalization and settlement. By prior agreement the Company may add quantities subject to availability. No refunds will be given for quantities pre-ordered and not required on the day of the event. Chair covers damaged beyond feasible repair (as determined by The Company) will be charged at £10 per cover and the linen will be available for inspection if requested.
14. Non- Returns / Damaged Goods: The Client will pay for any non-returns, damaged goods or breakages howsoever caused at full retail value. Details of the retail value of Hired Goods will be given upon request at the time of booking for the Client’s own information.
The Company will take details of the Client’s credit or debit card and a pre-authorisation fee on the Client’s credit card to cover any costs incurred due to damage or non-returns. Hired goods will be checked upon return and a charge will be made from the given credit or debit card the same day for any non-returns or damages of hired goods found at that time.
All packaging and boxes MUST be kept and returned in good condition. The loss / damage of these boxes/bags will incur a replacement charge, usually around £20-£30 per box or bag. This covers the cost of the Company having to get boxes specially made to be able to store and re-hire these items.
15. Deliveries: Deliveries and collections by courier can only be made to a residential address provided by the Client. Deliveries will not be sent direct to a venue or collections from a venue as all goods require to be checked upon receipt. Deliveries must be inspected upon receipt. Any shortages, breakages or incorrect items must be notified to the Company within six hours (same day) of receipt. This enables us to put things right in good time. No claims for breakages, loss or incorrect items can be entertained beyond this time period. The Company will not be liable after this time and no refunds will be given if the notification time is not adhered to.
16. Collections: Collections must be inspected at the Company’s premises; hired goods must be checked against the booking form before being taken. The hire goods stated on the booking confirmation will be prepared, cleaned and checked by the Company, but it is the responsibility for the Client to check the items on the order as any shortages, breakages or incorrect items cannot be clarified or rectified after the Client has left the premises with the goods. The Company will not be liable after this time and no refunds will be given if the notification time is not adhered to.
17. Liability: The Company shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from any Hired Goods from Enchanted Weddings.
18. Insurance: The Company advises the client to take out personal wedding insurance and does not accept responsibility if the client chooses not to do this.
19. Meetings: Enchanted Weddings reserve the right to judge how much time should be spent on face to face meetings. After the third face to face meeting a charge of £25 per meeting may apply.
20. Sub-Contractor: The organizer reserves the right to pass on the personal details of the Client to sub-contractors who are directly involved with the Client’s event package. These details may be kept on a database for future reference. The client agrees to comply with all the terms and conditions of Enchanted Weddings and its associated companies sub-contractors. Copies of these contracts are available upon request.
21. Force Majeure: Whilst every effort will be made by the Company to complete any orders, they cannot be held liable for non-completion of orders due to matters beyond their control.
22. Security Deposit: The Company will require the client to provide a security deposit in respect of hired items. The Company will request prior to the event the client to provide card details which will be held on file until after the satisfactory return of all hired items. Card details are held securely, and the company is registered for Data Protection with the relevant bodies. In the event that items are returned damaged or missing, the clients card will be charged with the full replacement value of the item based on recommended retail price.
Enchanted Weddings & Events holds relevant public liability insurance and adheres to the Data Protection Act. Copy Rights 2005 - Enchanted Weddings & Events Ltd - Registered in England & Wales Company No. 08478811. All rights reserved.